Equine Services for Heroes
"Appreciating the power of the horse to change lives " (Spiers)
HeadWinds Equine Services for Heroes is a PATH Int. program to benefit those in uniform who face or that have faced adversity in the line of duty. These men and women have fought to preserve our freedom, our safety and, for many, at a very dear cost. It is our goal to encourage a positive change in the lives of our veterans through the healing power of the horse.
Events and Services Available
- Adaptive/Therapeutic Horsemanship
- Equine facilitated therapies and activities. Who benefits: PTSD; TBI; injury; grief reaction.
- Spouse and family support programs
- Veterans Appreciation & Family Fun Days
- Volunteer programs: Fellow veterans are welcomed and encouraged to participate as volunteers during Equine Services for Heroes activities.
In September 2010 this video was filmed by the Maryland Therapeutic Riding facility (MTR), a special program designed for wounded warriors returning from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Participants are active duty soldiers who are members of the Warriors in Transition Unit stationed at recovery locations in the Washington area.